Thursday, May 14, 2009

We went to the Peace Corp recruitment meeting last night. VERY interesting. I was so hoping my daughter who really needs a life changing experience could / would join...


They wouldn’t take her… you haveto WANT to go, be willing, ready and able to off something other countries want and most of the assignments require a 4 year degree or similar work experience. She’s nowhere near ready for that.

Too bad, it would be life changing!

When my dear husband and I have no more animals and can manage a way to pay the mortgage... I'd seriously consider doing this. It's FANTASTIC. What an experience that would be.


3 comments:

JC said...

My D actually has plans to join after her degree. Course she says she's going to lots of things. Only time will tell what she actually ends up doing...

LeAnn said...

I think it would be a great thing to take on those kind of projects when we are past the working and the kid raising part of our lives. We must stay productive and engaged in life! I swear-- I will not just sit in a lounge chair and wait to die!!
NOPE!!!

Nancy said...

My daughter is thinking of doing this - she is graduating college in June. Maybe I'll look into it - I know she would probably love it.