Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rainy weekend

My darling husband, home for the weekend from Portland, Or, where it was sunny when heleft Friday, came home to a very rainy weekend here in Sacramento.

We went to a Native Plant sale and show in the area, stood in the rain for an hour and looked at plants and trees. Cool, I enjoyed seeing them.

In honor of my friend, Miss Lilacs and Cats, I bought a low lilac, not one of the 10' tall ones, but this one will grow to like 3' or 4'. I'm excited to see it grow.

We are slowly but surely transforming our front yard to all native plants. So we wont have to water, these plants thrive in this climate. Nice. The Lilac will be a nice addition.

It's cool and really quite wet again today. I suppose I'll make some lentils since it seems soup weather.

2 comments:

tea_please said...

I love that you guys are doing your best with promoting native plants...so cool!

JC said...

I am giving you the 'Life is Grand' Award. Please go to my blog to see what I said about you.

You need to give it to five blogs you thing are Grand.

Meow,