Friday, May 8, 2009

More on the same

She proclaims herself "fiery and independent" and angrily asks me, "can you accept that that's who I am?"

Then, after all of this, she's 'home', really just to mooch. She lays in the sun for 6 hours yesterday while filling out applications and is surprisingly today, burned and not feeling well enough to go apply for jobs. Oh, and... "I think I have a cold too". hmmmm.

I have to be the bitch again, as usual. I tell her, "this is life, this is reality, your reality is that you have to have a job, maybe 2 or 3 to get yourself where you need to be, you need to go in bright eyed and bushy tailed even if you're faking it."

This is very typical. When there's work involved, mind you she's spent not even 1 full day looking for jobs, out come the physical ailments. The wrist and ankle braces, the pinched nerves, the crutches have even been broken out in hopes of sympathy and being told, "don't you worry honey, someone else will take care of you and all of your responsibilities".

Worth a shot huh? It works, sometimes... she gets sympathy from some folks. Not usually who she's hoping for, not usually the end results she's hoping for. If this wasn't so typical, I might fall for it. Sadly, this is all par for the course.

1 comment:

JC said...

Oh My God ~ doesn't seem like she's changed ... at all. Mine comes home in 8 days.