Saturday, May 16, 2009

Flaberghasted

It's truly unbelievable. You can't make this shit up.

So, teenager ball of anger, moves back in, you all know the story... flat broke, in debt up to her eyeballs...

She never ONCE paid her electricity bill...

one of the conditions of coming back was that she spends NO money, zero, not one penny. She had only enough from her las paycheck to pay her next insurance for her car and her cell phone bill...

Last night, my darling husband logs on to her account, to check the balance and she's spent $35 at Red Robin, $25 at Safeway (grocery store) and another couple bucks on a bottle of water when she was out and about because she couldn't be bothered to TAKE water with her, as we ALWAYS do in this house.

AND... she's wasted a tank of gas in 3 days for just screwing off.

Now, I was ready, then and there to boot her out. I'm done. We've been down this road OVER AND OVER again. DH, softy that he is, is willing to lay down the law, be the warden, take her phone, cards, checkbook away from her and tell her no more boyfriend.

Since she CAN be responsible, we've seen her, just not if there's a boy withing 20 feet of her.

HOLY SHIT.

I'm beyond the end of my wits. What in heaven's name made me think she'd come by a clue in the last 4 1/2 months?

1 comment:

JC said...

You need to do an intervention ... kind of thingy ... not that it will work but your d is going down a wrong path and if she doesn't stop .. who knows what will happen.

Does she not know that she could be sued for not paying her bills ... does she not understand that she's 18 and legal now. No more pretending to be a goofy kid.

I would take everything away and make her sign a contract with you. If she has no where else to go, she should follow your rules and try to get her act together.

My D is coming home in 4 hrs ... yes, 1 am ... of course it's 1 am plus bags so that's 2 am ...

I hope she has improved cause well I have a tent and I'm not afraid to use it ...

I hope your situation improves ...

And I hope my D has grown up cause it's been what .. since early Jan and I don't miss her and still wish she wasn't coming home.

Awe to be a mother of a she devil ... nothing like it ..

Hugs and here's hoping things get better