Sunday, May 17, 2009

note to JC and MORE debt

Funny you should say that JC. That’s exactly what we’ve done. Cancelled her cell phone, took her credit card (maxed anyway) and her ATM card and her checkbook away. Ian is drawing up a contract for her to sign.

Sadly, we've done ALL of this before. It didn't work then, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

She DOES know these things, she didn’t file taxes either! She KNOWS it’s illegal, it doesn’t even register that jail is a possibility. I can’t even come up with a word that fits what I feel!

Oh, AND.. the apartments sent the bill, well, the lawyers did. She owes for the whole year rent lease they signed. If they can rent the apartment, that’ll negate those months, but if they don’t she and her roommate (who wont pay a dime) owe… are you ready? $9,000. ...

On top of the $3000 she already owes.

Best of luck with your daughter JC. I hope she’s NICE this time and if she’s not changed, she’ll fake it.

2 comments:

JC said...

You need to make sure that you're not legally responsible for her debt.

And, she may be going to jail .. with what's she's doing. You may want her to go to a debt place or see an attorney about going into bankruptcy so she doesn't go to jail.

Good Luck with that ...

My D was on my car ins. being that she had just turned 18 and was living at home ... thus, the 2 law suits are against me ... yes, I'm the one being sued and I mean for millions ... for something that I didn't do and my D not once has told me what actually happened or apologized. It's like it never happened .. we don't talk about it. Course, I figure she now has a split personality ... she's either really really nice or nasty as can be. ( in her defense though .. I don't know that I would have been able to handle the fact that someone died due to me ... and only be 18 and graduate but she did. We were afraid she might commit suicide and well, H is still concerned about that ... just a side note)

That's it ... your d can claim insanity ... that will get her out of going to jail ...

Pet those purrballs and breathe ..

Nancy said...

Wow, so sorry to hear about your problems with your daughter. Even with using Adolescence as my focus in college I had the worst year of my life with my senior in high school. But she is now graduating from college, and I couldn't ask for a sweeter, more responsible daughter. Some mature earlier than others. Hope all will end well with yours. You certainly have my sympathy right now!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.