Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My furfamily, Roscoe

Roscoe was an adorable little floppy kitten that someone from the lumber mill across the streetfrom work saved from a large equipment accident.

He was so tiny, long haired, calico with white rimmed eyes and when you’d hold him he’d flop like he had no bones. I used to say “if he gets anymore relaxed he’d be dead”

He was such a little lover.

One day Ian and I couldn’t find him, we could hear a wee "mew mew mew" but nowhere could we find him.

Finally, I spotted this little paw coming our from under the 2 step stairs that led from the garage to the house. The opening was so small, I have no idea how he got in there but he was good and stuck, couldn’t get himself out. We had to pull and twist and turn and it took some doing but finally we got him free. We thought we’d have to take the stairs apart and rebuild them.

I didn’t have the money to get him fixed when it was time. He wandered off, he never came home. I know someone took that cute little bugger in, I looked everywhere, called every shelter for days and days. I found no evidence of him anywhere. I’m sure he’s happily living with his family now.

No comments: