Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My furfamily, The 3 gray puuds


One day at work, I think I was at lunch, I saw this tiny gray face, and I do mean TINY and hungry... run in to the bushes in the parking lot. I went to investigate and found 3 itty bitty gray kitty faces watching me ever so carefully. Oh my goodness, I ran upstairs to get my coworkers and asked them to help me catch them. After about 15 minutes, my boss announced they are ferals and I'll never catch them. I tried again after work and each morning, noon and evening thereafter to no avail.

I had spotted Ginger first, the girl, the brave one. I started feeding them, bringing them a can of food each day. They were HUNGRY. They would run from me, but come rightback for the can of food, only once I'd stepped out of grabbing distance though.

One weekend Ian and I went down to try, Ian caught Jasper first because Ian had already figured out that Jasper was SO skiddish he had better be first or he wouldn't get another chance.

I stuffed Jasper the van, then Ian caught Ginger and Jeevies. Turns out there was a 4th far more afraid than even Jasper was. Little AWOL we called him, was the MOST skiddish and there would be no catching him.

I tried for days, he’d run up inside of parked cars engines where I couldn’t get him. Ian and I went back even with a humane trapping cage, we waited and waited.... no go.

I saw him for days after then no more. He must have wandered off. I hope he found a good colony to join.

2 comments:

tea_please said...

That is such a CUTE shot!

Sakura said...

I hope the same for them
Good Luck
:)