Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My furfamily, Ginger

Ginger is the only girl of the three puuds. We had Maggie and Ginger, but now she’s the only girl of the remaining 6 kitties.


Ginger is a cuddler. She’ll sleep with us almost nightly, well, in the winter. She and Jeevies won’t stay in come spring and summer and mostly even fall. There are too many nighttime bugs out back to be chased and played with to be wasting that time with mom and dad.

Ginger is a solid gray, soft as rabbit fur like Jeevies. She’s soft and squishy, I love to pet and squeeze her. She usually doesn’t mind. She’ll come lay across me sometimes and purr. I love that.

We’re hoping that she too will learn to be an “on you “ kitty. She’s quite the mighty huntress. She was the brave one of the three pudds. She’s the one that got my attention when they were wee tiny babes in the parking lot and the one least likely to run from me, even then. She loves her wet hands rubdown. She’ll wait in the bathroom while I shower and splay herself out on the floor towel so I’ll wet my hands and rub her til my hands are dry, pulling loose fur out, and I’ll have to do this 3 or 4 times with freshly wet hands until she’s happy. She does it outside too, she has a spot in the grass, she’ll run and crouch and wait for Ian to wet his hands in the pool water and rub her down.

I love it when she’s content she’ll curl her paws, all four feets with the toes curled.

No comments: