Ashes: a fantastically beautiful chocolate point crossed blue eyed Ragdoll. He’s a big boy, 21 lbs when he’s on his diet. 25 or so if left to free feed.
He’s SMART. HE opens cabinet doors, he can open lever handle doorknobs, like Tony could.
Ashes was one of two lovely kitties we’d meet every day on our walks around the neighborhood. He and Sammy would come greet us, we’d often sit on the sidewalk and pet them, they’d love us, sit in our laps.
They lived just 3 or 4 houses up the street and would often come visit us in our driveway. Loving, Ashes would cuddle, rub and PURR for us.
One day, our idiot neighbor’s daughter came to our house and said they were moving and their dad didn’t want to take Ashes and Sammy so he was going to have them put to sleep.
Ashes was all of 1 year old and Sammy 2. Both healthy happy kitties.
Our friends who later moved to the east coast took Sammy. He’s been their only cat, only child now for years and all are VERY happy together.
Ashes is my baby blue eyed boy, Siamese in markings but all Ragdoll. He’s such a lover. 21 lbs of cuddle and purr machine.
I often get up to find all the kitchen cabinet doors open. Sometimes contents pulled out on the floor.
He’s saldy been banned from the bedroom as he took it in his head that the way to get my attention was to pee on the bed.
Ashes is usually a very relaxed kitty. Sprawled out in "here's my belly" position is often his favorite.
Almost every night, after we go to bed, we have a gate that closes off the hallway so Ashes can’t get in, he grabs one of his toys, usually his foil ball toy and “MROW” MROW” very loudly. He’ll normally bring it to us, I’ll find it in the morning either just outside the hallway gate or just outside our bedroom slider.
Ashes likes shiny things. Jewelry included. He’ll steel my earrings, necklaces, rings, right off of my vanity or the counter or wherever I’d left them. One day he’d stolen an earring and I asked him “Ashes, would you please bring me back my earring?” as I’d not found it yet and he was acting all innocent cat… hours later I found the earring on the floor at my bedroom door.
He has a thing for my lip balm. I make my own so sometimes it’s in a regular lipstick type container or sometimes in a small tub. He’ll knock it off of wherever I have it to get my attention. He does it while meeting my eyes. He wants me to know it’s him doing it. He does it with a bit of cattitide even.
He’s a smart, sweet, full of personality guy and I wouldn’t trade a minute he’s spent with us. Ashes cuddles me every night on my recliner arm. I LOVE it when he decides to make himself fit in my lap. There’s not a better feeling in the world that the relaxed weight of a kitty on you purring, make that a 21 pound purring kitty and I’m a HAPPY mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment