Oscar was one of 2 kittens, wee little ones that looked SO much like my Tony and Cleo, I just couldn’t resist. I’d recently lost Tony and there they were, as cute as could be.
Some fool dumped them, itty bitty babies they were in a wooded area behind a vet. The vet’s office took them in, cared for them, they both had upper respiratory infections.
We were there because my aunt's Rotweiller Morgan was having surgery, we’d gone to visit Morgan and here they were. When the vet said they could go home, I took them both.
Oscar and Felix are from the Odd couple. Turns out the names fit. Oscar is the one who looks most like my Cleo and sure enough, he’s mama’s boy as Cleo was mama’s girl. He’s so sweet, he never leaves me, he’s almost always on my lap or sleeping on my hip at night. If I roll over, he comes right back and takes his spot on my hip or on my side. He’s my baby boy, he loves his mama as much as I love him. 
You can see here, he even loves Jasper. Jasper was just a wee one and here's Uncle Oscar with his arm around him.
I think Oscar was a dog in his past life. He is quite protective of me. Sitting in my lap, the doorbell will ring or the dogs will bark because they hear something and Oscar will snap up and “grrrrrr”.
My darling Oscar suffers from COPD, he has to get a steroid shot every few weeks to breathe.
We just switched their food, thanks to my love Boo, to grain free food, I suspect it may be helping Oscar’s condition. I hope so. I want him to live and love a long HAPPY life.
Oscar is quite vocal, talks and talks. He sounds like he’s demanding, but that’s just his voice.
There’s a ray of sun coming through the window and he’s in it.
Oscar liked to play the piano when we had it. If that keyboard cover was up and Oscar wanted attention, over they keys he'd run.
He’s the more outgoing of the pair. Usually. He doesn’t hide from company, he’ll stay right where he is, thanks.
When Felix and Oscar were babies, they were kitten terrors, they’d come running at top speed from room to room, ramming one or the other in to walls, coffee table legs,
We put bells on their little collars and when Sir heard the jingle bells you could see him cower and give a shudder “here they come again”.
The stinkers were inseparable, they would hop the fence, I’d find them on the other side of the neighborhood as I’d take Sir for his walk. I’d have to take Sir home and go collect the kittens. They’d run the fences, smart little guys they are.
Something cute and funny Oscar does is his twitchy tail. They say when a cats tail twitches it’s a sign of love and adoration. He used to follow Ian around the house with this tail twitching – straight up in the air and just a’quivering. That meant he wanted to snuggle with Ian. He’d sit on Ian’s chest and play piano, make muffins, whatever you call it until he left an Oscar created tattoo on Ian’s skin.
He still does it to Ian,but these days, he’s my boy. He comes in every time I do yoga and does yoga with me, he’ll sit next to me, rub on my hands or any part of me he can get depending on my yoga position. His tail twitches away if I’m not touching him. He sleeps on me all the time, and when he comes up on the bed or on my lap, that tail will be twitching every time.
3 comments:
Awe .... melt my heart ^,,^
Love the pic on the piano. Oscar has such pretty markings!!
You like that? The black and white BLURR running the keys. LOL. I miss the piano, I think Oscar does too.
Post a Comment