Whiskers: Here I was, in my apartment and I hear this wee baby “mew” from near by, out I go to find this tiny and I do mean TINY little long haired black kitty with blue eyes and a white bib and the longest white whiskers.
Of course I can’t leave her out there, she’s just a baby. In she came, she became my 4th kitty.
Mind you, I’m a single mom and don’t know how I’ll afford 4 kitties, but, we’ll manage.
She was such a lover. Hungry little girl she was. I remember one day I had a burrito from Taco Bell and I set it on the coffee table and that tiny little thing grabbed it in her mouth and took off down the hall. LOL, it was bigger than her. She would go in my mouth after food.
She was so small she’d curl up in my shoes and fit all of her in there, she’d sleep in my clean crystal ash tray.
She LOVED the crinkle sound. I had a bowl of butterscotch candies I kept on the table and they were always missing. She’d steel them and play with them until she lost them, then come for another. When we played pictionary, we’d crumple the paper we were done drawing on and she’d come running out for the paper ball.
She was mama’s girl too, she slept on my pillow more often than not and had the BIGGEST PURR for such a wee kitty. She only topped out around 6 lbs. I’d had her for years when one of my friends saw her and asked me when I go the new kitten.
When I lived in Folsom with a roommate, we were moving back in to an apartment of our own, she’d disappeared. I called and called, I’d taken the last load down and all the kitties and no Whiskers. I made one last trip up to find her that night and was standing on the stairs inside calling her and calling her and she came FLYING in the front door, up the stair and airborne in to my arms. I’ll never forget that feeling, she was SO happy I had come back for her.
When she passed away, I’d feel her spirit come to me and it was that feeling, her flying in to my open arms and being hugged in to my heart.
Whiskers LOVED wet feet, she’d wait in the bathroom, preferably freshly showered wet feet, she’d rub all over and bite in a frenzy every time. Fresh from the spa was good too, but nothing was better than freshly showered wet feet and ankles.
She started getting funny in the head, we thought she was getting senile, even though she was only about 13, she eventually wouldn’t leave the bathroom of our bedroom, she’d still sleep with me, she was my girl. She didn’t like the other kitties anymore though and would spit at them and run and hide. We didn’ t know anything about hyperthyroid then. Not until Jackie’s kitty Haley was diagnosed with it did I learn that’s what took my sweet Whiskers from us. She was a light in my life.
2 comments:
Oh My ... she sounds so special.
Happy New Year to you!
Best
Sakura
Post a Comment