Thursday, December 31, 2009

My furfamily, Misty

Misty, this sweet kitty was our friend and neighbors kitty.


They moved and couldn’t take her with them, so I took her.

She was a love, sadly, I didn’t have her long. She had some sort of sinus issue, she couldn’t smell. I learned that one day when I was cleaning and she walked right up to a tub of ammonia, took a big whiff and walked away without even shaking her head.

One night, I heard some banging and clanging, not too unusual with 5 kitties in an apartment, but, sadly, I didn’t get up to check.

I found her the next morning paralyzed and in some sort of state. I took her to the ER, she crashed there. They said she’d gotten in to something toxic. I never found what it was. No plants were disturbed that I found and all of my cleaners were closed in kid/kitty proof cabinets.

My poor love, it broke my hear to lose her so soon and in such a bad way.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

These stories are so precious--- I can't read blogs from work anymore and it is about killing me cuz it is hard to keep up with everyone now. Work gets in the way of the important things in life!!
Thank you for sharing these sweet memories with us!

critterlover said...

Thank you for reading them.