I tend to be a hermit, well, if I were wealthy I guess I'd be a recluse. I don't care for "the public" as a rule, and yet... that's where I work. Odd.
There's plenty of press on the H1N1 virus, "it's SO contagious, don't leave your house if you have it, wear a mask in public..." Today, this lady comes in to our store looking all weepy eyed, obviously feels like crap and says to me: "what do I need to take if I think I have the H1N1?" WTF? I am sorry, truly sorry that she felt so bad, but WHY are you out in public spreading it around?
Our sweet cashier had it, it took this healthy active young woman down and out for a month. I mean DOWN, poor thing. She isolated herself and tried so hard to make sure no one else got it, and here comes some lady with no regard not only for her own recovery (should be in bed resting) but no regard for the health or safety of others.
Grrrr.
Kids are in our store and old folks ALL THE TIME. Folks that may have weakened immune systems.
I say again, GRRRR.
2 comments:
I stocked up on flu meds a while ago. I use hand sanitizer all the time.
Was she just asking what to take for the flu ? Seriously, just go to that counter and buy whatever jumps in your cart.
The thing that sucks is that a lot of people (like me) do not get sick days and can't afford to miss work AND the boss is pissy when we do.
I have been lucky so far though..... But right now my neice who lives with me is sick and my DS and DIL are both sick (but not in my house). It is EVERYWHERE!!!
Did you hear even a cat got it from its humans!!!
Post a Comment