Saturday, November 21, 2009

When we lose someone we love




My sweetie Maggie Mae. What a lovely girl she was. Maine Coon we think.

She was adopted from a PetsMart adoption center for my Grandma. She was so loving, she sat on grandma's recliner above her head most of the time. She took good care of Grandma.

When I'd come to visit, she always got so excited and wanted to sit in my lap. That sweet girl was usually in my lap before I sat down.

When Grandma broke her hip, she went to a care home and Maggie came to live with us and our 8 other kitties.

Now Maggie, she'd rather bean only kitty. She liked being the main attraction. More so, she liked other kitties to leave her be.

She got in to a scuffle with a wee baby Jasper when they first came home, Jasper came out the worse for it, but for some reason, from that moment on, she was his idol, his love. He ADORED her.

Every night, we do canned kitty food for all, he's run back and forth from the kitchen to Maggie as if to say "come on, it's treat time" "I don't want you to miss out."

He will certainly miss her most of all the other kitties. She was his girl.

She was sure my girl. On my lap often when I'd sit to watch TV. Always with a blanket of pillow under her.

When I was recovering from surgery a few years back, she never left my lap. I had to use a big heavy pillow over my incision and she was always on that pillow taking care of her mama.

Bless her sweet soul. May you be at peace Maggie, be with Grandma, know that you are very very loved and missed and we will be together again.

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

Rest in Peace and Happiness little Maggie!!
Your momma sure loves you!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful!

JC said...

She was absolutly GORGEOUS !!!

May her soul be in Kitty Heaven .. sitting near her first Mom. Waiting for you to arrive ..