So, yesterday was Earth day. Every day is Earth day for me. I'm very environmentally aware. I love that more people are becoming aware and making changes that need to be made.
Me? I compost, well, my husband actually makes the dirt. We garden organically our own veggies and have started some fruit trees.
We're both vegetarians. I buy organic food, locally grown if I can get it.
I always use my own bags when shopping.
We've recycled for years.
I'm working on buying things not pre-packaged. Fewer containers, less waste. That's a tough one, but it's a new goal.
My husband commutes 11 miles one way to work on his bike when he's in town, more often than not.
I work all of 3 miles from home and would be happy to bike in if I had a place to leave my bike while I was there. I've asked, they're unwilling to provide a safe place. :-(
(and I work in a Natural Foods Store - go figure)
I'm all about our environment and have many soapboxes on the subject and will gladly enlighten anyone who asks.
No comments:
Post a Comment